Sunday, April 29, 2018

Kerouacian sighting in Augusta, Maine

I just returned from Goodwill in Augusta, Maine, where I dropped off a couple of bags of clothes at the drive-through. The young man-bunned worker who collected my bags said, "I like your license plate."

Me: Oh, you know who Jack Kerouac is?

Worker: Yeah.

Me: Cool. The Dharma Bums is my favorite novel of his [hence my license plate: DHRMABM].

Worker: Mine, too. Visions of Gerard is a close second.

Me: It's high on my list, too. Many say Visions of Cody is his masterpiece.

Worker: I'll have to check that out.

And we said our goodbyes.

My mind was too blown by his mentioning VOG (a sign of a true Kerouacian) to even mention my blog or my book.

Next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hah!
Those kooks are everywhere!
(Thank God)
RM