Friday, October 30, 2015

Recent reviews of The Beat Handbook



Click here to read the most recent review of my book, The Beat Handbook: 100 Days of Kerouactions, on Amazon. If I do say so myself, it is a rather enigmatic little book. There's a little something for everyone because it's part-memoir, part-journal, part-advice, part-humor, part-philosophy, and all-Kerouac. And it's timeless since it's directly linked to Kerouac's eternal prose in On the Road and The Dharma Bums.

My beat friend, Kenneth Morris, had this to say about my book in a post on Facebook:
I just finished reading Rick Dale's beautiful utterance and call to action of Kerouac mind-set and zen sensibilities. It made me laugh and reflect on my own life and road I have naturally grooved into after absorbing the Kerouac canon. The road less traveled always had my name on it. And that has made all the difference. The Beat Handbook 100 Days of Kerouactions reaffirms the attitudes and ideology that made the Beats and Kerouac the important men of ideas that America (and the world) thirsted for, needed, and swallowed whole. Beautiful, absorbing, Top Ten whipsmart from my articulate, tender-hearted friend and fellow traveler. Highly recommended.
Think about it as a quirky Christmas gift for someone on your list this December. Amazon will gladly send you one in the mail -- all you have to do is click here and proceed. How can you go wrong?


No comments: