Monday, January 25, 2010

Another book for the Kerouac shelf

My bookcase devoted to books by and about Jack Kerouac is getting pretty full, but that doesn't dissuade me from collecting. I just learned about a 2006 book called Action Writing: Jack Kerouac's Wild Form by Michael Hrebeniak. According to Westchester.com, it "was praised by Beat scholars and poets" (click here for the quote source and a scheduled reading by the author at Westchester Community College).

Here's a link to the book on Google books.

It's on my Wish List at Amazon! Hint, hint . . . .

1 comment:

Jonny Ross said...

i've had my eye on this one for a while now. it's one of the few scholarly books on kerouac my university doesn't have. looks interesting, interesting subject/focus. it's been in my amazon cart and i notice the price fluctuates quite a bit, by like 15 or 20 dollars.