Sunday, April 12, 2009

The number 23 applied to On The Road

Back on December 18, I blogged about the number 23. Last night, watching the Jim Carrey movie again, an idea struck me. In the movie, he uncovers a code in the book by Topsy Kretts by circling the 23rd word on every 23rd page.

You guessed it: below is that process applied to my 1976 Penguin version of On The Road. I don't know about you, but for me the result is creepy enough to want to do it for The Dharma Bums. Just for shits and giggles. That's all anything is anyway. Nothing lasts. Not even paranoia, conspiracy theories, numerology, or zombies. Or pirates or ninjas for that matter.

The number 23 applied to On The Road

I the author we'll them over could much that all out for Dean.


Did you catch that? ALL OUT FOR DEAN! Weird, man, weird....

I know, I know: 100 monkeys in a room for a 100 years banging on typewriters.... Let me have my weirdness, okay?

No comments: