Monday, September 29, 2008

Book trilogy

I just ordered a copy of The Dharma Bums and On The Road for a friend. I will be presenting them to him along with a copy of The Beat Handbook. He's paying for them - I'm just doing the grunt work. He's never read any Kerouac and wants to be able to connect with my book.

Of course, the versions of Kerouac's books I am providing him are not the exact versions I used. Having those versions along with my book would be the complete package: the reader would be able to bounce back and forth between Kerouac's books and my book to identify passages I reference.

So, in case you want to own the trilogy, below are the covers of the versions of The Dharma Bums and On The Road (both 1976 copyrights) that I used in writing The Beat Handbook. Any version of Kerouac's two books will do, but having the below versions is the ultimate way to play "treasure hunt" with my book.



No comments: